This two class intro is an opportunity to try out Chair yoga and see if it is for you!
This class strives to be inclusive for participants with a variety of abilities.
If mobility, balance, or confidence restrictions are a barrier for movement, a chair is an excellent tool to support therapeutic activity. Whether you use a chair for some or all activities, this class emphasizes yoga postures, breathing exercises, relaxation, and meditation with emphasis on injury prevention, joint alignment, and appropriate progression/modification.
We foster a non-judgmental/non-comparative environment so that participants feel welcome and successful.
Instructor: Zach Wilson, PTA
BIO: Zach completed his Physical Therapist Assistant degree at North Shore Community College in May 2016. Zach bolstered his degree with completion of multiple continuing education courses including 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, LSVT BIG, Therapeutic Pain Specialist, and Functional Movement Systems. Zach has been teaching yoga in the studio setting since 2019, but has expanded his teaching to the geriatric population with chair yoga classes. Zach has treated patients in a variety of settings including outpatient orthopedic, inpatient sub-acute rehab, and home health. This diverse experience providing movement education to a wide range of ages and ability levels gives Zach a holistic approach to health and well-being.
In his free time, you can count on Zach moving his body on a yoga mat, skis, mountain bike, in the gym, and on a trail with plenty of home created food to follow. Zach has been establishing roots in Vermont since 2014 valuing proximity to family and vibrant culture.
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options at Checkout.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (convenience fee of $2 or 3.5 % is added, whichever is higher). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person is enrolled.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with check or cash. Using this option, you have to drop off payment at the Rec. Dept., or use the drop box at the back entrance to the Town Hall Building- 7900 Williston Rd.
- NOTE: When using the Offline Payment Option, the person is not enrolled until a check or cash is received and processed.
- Offline Payment Option closes a week prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay prior to the deadline.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Online Payment Option closes the night before the start date of the program or on Thursday evening if the program starts over the weekend.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to start date to see if minimum number is met.
- If a program is Full, register for the waiting list using the Online Payment Option. No fee will be charged.
- Williston Residents can apply for Financial Assistance if needed. See Link Below
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).