Abstract Art Camp- Age 10-14
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Do you yearn to explore true color, shape, and lines? Ever wonder how abstract artists construct their compositions? Drip, pour, mask, drybrush, fingerpaint, and feel your way to a series of abstract works.
Campers will explore a variety of materials and techniques that can be used for unique and personal effects.
Campers are encouraged to bring an old canvas to be painted over
Instructor: Abbie Bowker, WCS Art Teacher
Bio: An art teacher with decades of experience, Abbie brings her joy of art and artmaking to every class. Abbie has experience teaching 3-8th grade art at WCS, and many years teaching high school art including Advanced Placement (AP) Art and Design classes. In 2016, she co-authored and illustrated a book titled "Woolly Bear Winter" with her sister Cam Sato. Her favorite thing when making art is to explore materials. She also loves being outside and grew up in Williston at what is now known as the Williston Town Forest.
- Final Balance for all camps must be paid in full by June 9, 2023, if you choose the Off-line Payment Option
- Important Information for Enrichment Camps - See links below
- This camp has Late Pickup Option- 4:30-5:00p
Enrichment Camp Registration
- Registration for camps is done online and there are two payment options at Checkout.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (processing fee of 3.5 %, plus 10 cents is added). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person is enrolled.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with check or cash. Using this option, you have to drop off payment at the Rec. Dept., or use the drop box at the back entrance to the Town Hall building- 7900 Williston Rd.
- You can use the option to pay the deposits- $25 per child, per camp, per sessions.
- NOTE: Your child is not enrolled until the deposits, or the full amount is received and processed by the Rec. Dept.
- Final balance for all camps is due on the June date above. Your balance can be paid down by sending in regular payments prior to the due date.
- After the June date above- Camp Registrations must be paid in full at the time of registration. Deposits are no longer accepted after the final payment due date in June.
- Registration Deadlines:
- Offline Payment Option closes the Second Friday of June, so all registrations, with a check or cash payment, after this date must be done at the Rec. Office prior to close of office on the Thursday before the start date of each camp.
- Online Payment Option closes Thursday night prior to that start date of each camp. Fridays are for preparing lists.
- If a program is Full, you can register for the waiting list using the Online Payment Option. No fee will be charged.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Williston Residents can apply for Financial Assistance, if needed. See Link Below
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A camp could be closed due to maximum numbers not reached).