Williston Recreation & Parks, VT
Skip to nav
Early-Bird Discount- Sunday, December 17 (for Williston Residents Only)
$10 off the listed prices below, if registered and paid prior to the date above.
Discount is applied at the time of check out.
Offline payments, check or cash, need to be in prior to the date above to get the Early-Bird Pricing.
Registration Deadline- Thursday, January 4
Registration are not accepted after this date due to preparing lists for the schools.
The program is a collaboration between Williston Recreation, Williston Schools and Cochran's Ski Area. The emphasis is on learning to downhill ski or snowboard, through weekly lessons.
The program is for the participant that wishes to learn or improve their skills. All participants are required to take a weekly lesson.
Children who are registered for With Transportation are responsible for the following:
For getting on all ski/ride and winter gear at school with help from school personnel and parent volunteers
For finding their equipment at the mountain and putting it on
Knowing whether they are taking the bus or being picked up at the end of the program day
For those taking the bus, returning their equipment to the Truck/Trailer at the end of each program day
If this is overwhelming for your child you should consider registering without transportation or picking up at the end of each day at the mountain- 4:30p
The Kindergarten program starts January 17- 6 weeks.
Kindergarten children must be transported to and from the mountain and accompanied by an adult.
This means an adult is required to be on the mountain with their child and help out.
Informational Sheet: (See Link Below)
Has all the information you need to prepare your child for the program and to ensure they have a successful time.
Learn to Ski/Ride Program:
The program is at Cochran's and meets Wednesdays.
The program is from 2:40-4:30pm. Lessons start at 2:40p and free ski/ride starts at 3:30p for levels 4 and above.
Bus transportation is available to Williston Students at ABS and WCS. Buses leave the schools at 2:15pm.
Transportation is back to WCS Only, leaving Cochran's at 5:00pm. Buses arrive at WCS by 5:15pm.
Parents picking their child up, who took bus, at the mountain must do so before 4:40pm to check them out.
Equipment Loan- CLICK HERE
If your child needs equipment for the program there is some available for loan.
You must register your family for a Fitting Day & Time to get loan equipment.
Click the Link above to be brought to the site to register for a time block- no fee is charged.
You only need to register one parent in the family for a Fitting Time Block. Then bring all the children in your family to fitted during that time block.
Be sure to complete the registration by clicking on the Online Payment option- No Fee will be charged.
You will pay for the equipment loan the night of the fitting- $30 per child- Check or exact Cash accepted.
Only two (2) Fitting Nights will be held in early December, after that you will need to rent equipment from a ski/board shop.
7th & 8th grade students will be invited to be student instructors for the program by the Lead Instructor staff.
There is a $30 registration fee for all student instructors. Checks made out to Williston Recreation.
They will be provided a registration form that needs to be filled out and returned with money to the WCS Main Office or Rec. Dept. (drop box behind Town Hall- 7900 Williston Rd can be used)
There will be a Student Instructor training at Cochran's- Wed, Jan 3 , 2:30-5:00pm.
Bus transportation will be provided for the Student Instructors to Cochran's Only. Parents must pickup at Cochran's.
The success of the program depends on the adult volunteers!
People are needed on a regular basis, each week, and even occasionally, to help with lessons and on the mountain. If you plan on taking your child to and from the mountain, please consider how you can help.
Cochran's Ski Area
REI Co-Op- provides a Check and Tune of Equipment
Youth Sports Registration:
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options at Checkout.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (processing fee of $2 or 3.5 %, whichever is higher, plus 10 cents is added). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person is enrolled.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with check or cash. Using this option, you have to drop off payment at the Rec. Dept., or use the drop box at the back entrance to the Town Hall Building- 7900 Williston Rd.
- NOTE: When using the Offline Payment Option, the person is not enrolled until a check or cash is received and processed.
- Registration Deadlines: Are listed above
- If a program is Full, register for the waiting list using the Online Payment Option. No fee will be charged.
- Williston Residents can apply for Financial Assistance if needed. See Link Below
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).
Additional Forms and Files:
REGISTRATION- WITH TRANSPORTATION
- Use the links below to register your child for the program With Transportation.
- Use the link for the current grade your child is in.
- 6th-8th Grade link is for those children who will be taking lessons as part of the program. It is not for Student Instructors- see info above on that.
REGISTRATION- NO TRANSPORTATION
- Use the links below to register your child for the program Without Transportation.