L.I.T. Camp- Entering 7th-8th
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
L.I.T. Camp- Leaders In Training
The L.I.T. (Leader-In Training) camp is designed to build leaders both at camp and within the Williston community.
A small number of teens can register each session for this special position at camp where they learn from experienced staff to develop the skills necessary to work with their peers and younger children.
L.I.T.s will also receive training in the following areas: camper safety, positive role-modeling, team building and problem-solving. L.I.T.s may also complete projects that improve R.E.C. Camp.
L.I.T.s are integrated into the camp program and receive hands-on experience working alongside counselors.
L.I.T.s are not permanently assigned to Pods nor will they be without a counselor during any activity time.
L.I.T.s will have an augmented camp day that includes trainings as well as portions of the day where they will be interacting directly with campers.
Expectations of L.I.T. Campers:
L.I.T’s must abide by all rules and policies of the Williston Recreation Dept. and Williston R.E.C Camp.
Arrive at Camp promptly each day and sign in with the LIT Counselor.
Provide positive role-modeling for campers.
Assist R.E.C. staff in providing a safe and healthy environment for campers.
Assist R.E.C. staff with running pod time and choice time activities while keeping the camp experience fun.
Take proper care of R.E.C. Camp property and equipment.
To be enthusiastic and engaged within their group.
Have timely communication with the LIT Counselor regarding the need for late arrival or early pick-up, issues or concerns.
Camp is held at Williston Central School
7-one week sessions are offered from 8:30am-4:30pm- June 26- August 11
Early and Late Options can be added to extend the camp day
Early Option- 7:30-8:30am
Late Option- 4:30-5:30pm
$190 Res/$205 Non
Note: No Camp July 3rd & 4th- $115 Res/$130 Non
See Camp Registration Notes below for Registration Info.
Final Camp Balance is due June 9, 2023
For More Info on Camp See Links Below
- Final Balance for all camps must be paid in full by June 9, 2023, if you choose the Offline Payment Option
- Important Information for the Day Camps - See links below
- This camp has Early Drop-off and Late Pickup Options- 7:30-8:30a & 4:30-5:30p
Day Camp Registration:
- Registration for the Day Camps is done online and there are two payment options at Checkout.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (processing fee of 3.5 %, plus 10 cents is added). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person is enrolled.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with check or cash. Using this option, you have to drop off a check, cash at the Rec. Dept., or use the drop box at the back entrance to the Town Hall building- 7900 Williston Rd.
- You can use the option to pay the deposits- $25 per child, per camp, per sessions.
- NOTE: Your child is not enrolled until the proper amount check or cash is received and processed.
- Final balance for all camps is due on the June date above if you choose the Offline Payment Option. Your balance can be paid down by sending in regular payments prior to the due date.
- After the June date above- Camp Registrations must be paid in full at the time of registration. Deposits are no longer accepted after the final payment due date in June.
- The Offline Payment Option closes on the June date above, so all registrations, with a check or cash payment, after this date must be done at the Rec. Office.
- Registration Deadlines:
- 1. Online Payment- registration using the Online Payment Option, closes the Sunday prior to the start date of each session.
- 2. Offline Payment- registration using the Offline Payment Option, coming into the Rec. office, closes 4:00pm the Friday prior to the start date of each session.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- If a program is Full, you can register for the waiting list using the Online Payment Option. No fee will be charged.
- Williston Residents can apply for Financial Assistance, if needed. See Link Below
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (Spots fill up fast in the Day Camp)