Williston Recreation & Parks, VT
Skip to nav
Soccer- KinderRec, Age 5-6
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Registration Deadline- Sunday, August 25
Teams are determined- Tuesday, August 27
If numbers do not meet the minimum to form a team programs could be combined or canceled
Coaches are needed to have a team- No Coach, No Team
Soccer Ball Ordering Deadline- Sunday, August 18
A Ball can be ordered for your child during registration.
They will be given out at the first meeting of the program.
The program is designed to teach the fundamentals and rules of the game. Youngsters will be provided with the opportunity to learn, practice, and develop their skills. Each Saturday will consist of introducing new skills and scrimmaging.
NOTE: This program is open to every child who is 5-6 years of age at the start date of the program. Any child who is 6 years old and in 1st grade must register for the 1st/2nd grade soccer program.
Practices/Scrimmages: The Program meets once a week on Saturdays in Sept & Oct.
1/2 hour practice followed by a 1/2 hour scrimmage
Practice Ball: All Players need to bring a ball- Size 3
Ball Purchase- You can purchase a ball for your child during registration- Deadline- August 18
Dress for the weather
Cleats and Shin Guards are required
A Mouthguard is recommended
To make the program successful we need your help! The program relies on parents and community members to volunteer their time to work and learn with the children who are looking for a positive soccer experience. Please sign up when you register your child.
Benefits of Participation:
Learn New Things, Make New Friends, and Have Fun!
*Teach Leadership, Teamwork & Sportsmanship
*Build Strong Relationships, Social and Community Bonds
*Enhance Self-Confidence and Self-esteem
*Physical Activity and Health
Other Soccer Programs:
Soccer Shorts- (Ages 3-4) To register Click Here
1st-2nd Soccer- to register Click Here
3rd-5th Soccer- to register Click Here
SOCCER PROGRAMS OFFERED:
Soccer Shorts- Ages 3-4
The programs teach the fundamentals of soccer using a fun and energetic curriculum that has been tailored to the 3-year-old and the 4-year-old. All sessions are held in a fun and positive environment, where players are encouraged to learn. The program is a child-parent clinic.
KinderRec Soccer- Ages 5-6
The program is Co-ed and is designed to teach the fundamentals and rules of the game. Youngsters will be provided with the opportunity to learn, practice, and develop their skills. Each Saturday will consist of introducing new skills and scrimmaging.
Separate boy's and girls’ programs will be offered if numbers allow. The program provides the opportunity for children to learn the game, improve their skills, and enjoy playing. Teams meet twice a week for 1 hour each time- 1 practice during the week time and 1 game on Saturdays.
Separate boy's and girls’ leagues are offered if numbers allow. Teams meet twice a week for 1 hour each time- 1 practice and 1 game per week. Teams play Hinesburg and Charlotte Recreation teams.
There are no programs for 6th, 7th, or 8th grade due to school teams that accept these age groups.
Youth Sports Registration:
- All Registrations are done online and there are two payment options at Checkout.
- 1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with a credit card (processing fee of $2 or 3.5 %, whichever is higher, plus 10 cents is added). Using this option your balance is paid in full and the person is enrolled.
- 2. OFFLINE PAYMENT OPTION- is with check or cash. Using this option, you have to drop off payment at the Rec. Dept., or use the drop box at the back entrance to the Town Hall Building- 7900 Williston Rd.
- NOTE: When using the Offline Payment Option, the person is not enrolled until a check or cash is received and processed.
- The Offline Payment Option closes a week prior to the start of a program. This is done so that mailing in payment reaches us prior to the start of the program.
- When the Offline Payment Option is closed you can come into the Rec. Office to register and pay with cash or check prior to the first day of the program or before the deadline if there is one.
- Please create a household account prior to coming in if you don't have one already.
- Program numbers are checked one week prior to the start date to see if the minimum number is met. If not a program can be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- No registrations are accepted after the second meeting of a program.
- If a program is Full, register for the waiting list using the Online Payment Option. No fee will be charged.
- Williston Residents can apply for Financial Assistance if needed. See Link Below
- Don't Wait! Register Early! (A program might be cancelled due to low enrollment).